The best way to take advantage of the benefits and resources for Bastyr University alumni is to stay connected.
- Update your contact information. Updated email addresses will be used for Beyond Bastyr, Bastyr’s bi-monthly alumni e-newsletter.
- Share your news and successes with us. We may be in touch to share your news with the broader community.
- Advertise your business/practice through the Bastyr Find a Practitioner site.
- Join the Bastyr Alumni Facebook Group. This is a private group and forum for alumni and the university to foster community, share resources, and engage in relevant discussion.
For assistance with your alumni email address, please contact Bastyr’s IT Helpdesk at email@example.com and provide your name (please include any former name used while at Bastyr), year of graduation, student ID (if applicable and you have it handy), and an alternate email address that we can use to contact you with your username and password.
Alumni Resources and Programs
Bastyr alumni have continued, unlimited access to Career Services to help them advance their career goals and navigate career transitions. This includes:
- Educational seminars and workshops related to career development and business/practice management and networking events. These are primarily advertised through Beyond Bastyr.
- Career coaching appointments (available in-person and via phone or Zoom) to discuss your resume, job search, career exploration, interviewing skills, LinkedIn, and more. Sign up here.
- Bastyr Careers, Bastyr's job board for students and alumni.
- Job seekers can access their or register for a student/alumni account to search for and apply to meaningful and relevant job opportunities and connect with Bastyr’s network of employers.
- Job seekers can upload resumes to be included in Resume Books for employers to recruit them.
- Resources like sample resumes and cover letters and links to trusted and relevant job search websites can be found in the Resource Library on Bastyr Careers.
- Organizations that are hiring or who want to advertise a treatment room for rent or practice for sale can register for an employer account to post opportunities and access Resume Books.
Bastyr University Library
Visit the Bastyr Library Alumni homepage to take advantage of lifelong borrowing privileges, reference and research assistance, and access to select online resources.
Databases can be found in the Databases, A-Z list. Look for the ones without the lock icon and start searching! Don’t forget that if you’re an eligible practitioner in Washington State, you can register for HEALWA which includes access to many of the proprietary databases. It’s paid for with licensing fees so there’s no charge to sign up.
Research guides include professional organizations in addition to resources pertaining to specific programs.
Visit the Bastyr Library blog to stay on top of the latest library news and resources.
Email the library at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for assistance.
Office of Registrar
The Office of the Registrar oversees the alumni tuition benefits (see below), official transcript requests and degree verifications.
To verify the degree of a Bastyr alum, please search our database here. Alumni who do not have a Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) hold on their record will be listed in our database.
Alumni who would like to remove a FERPA hold can contact the Registrar's office at email@example.com or 425-602-3089.
Bastyr Find a Practitioner
Let us help you market your business to prospective patients. The Bastyr Find a Practitioner site is a resource is available to the public to search for Bastyr graduate integrative health and wellness practitioners.
To list your business/practice, complete this form to provide us with your updated business/practice information and give us permission to share it.
Alumni Tuition Benefit
Alumni must apply to register for free credits with the alumni tuition benefit. There are limited yearly funds for free tuition credits and they will be granted on a first come, first served basis. The funding capacity for academic year 2021-2022 has been reached. Alumni may reapply for tuition benefits in the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Access the academic catalog to find a course of interest.
- Submit the application form to the Mike Hall, Assistant Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org
Choose between two options for the annual tuition benefit.
- Free tuition for ONE grade, up to the value of three (3) Bastyr credits, AND one (1) free audited course per year, to a maximum of three (3) credits.
- Free tuition for ONE grade, up to the value of four (4) Bastyr credits; and NO (0) additional audited course.
Please note the following benefit details:
- Participation presumes there is room in the class and all prerequisites have been met.
- Once you have been registered for your class/classes, you cannot change the status (for-credit or audit status) for the term.
- The term of the annual tuition benefit corresponds to the academic year and is measured from fall term through summer term. You can use your tuition benefit in any term; you may find it advantageous to consider your quarterly course load in your planning.
- The free tuition benefit for graded coursework can be used in increments – for example, an alumnus could take a one (1) credit course in fall term and a two (2) credit course in winter.
- The audit benefit can be applied in the same quarter as the tuition benefit for a grade; but the audit benefit cannot be taken in increments.
- If a graduate is also an employee, that individual can take advantage of the alumni benefit or the employee tuition benefit, whichever is greater.
- This benefit is not retroactive. For more information contact Michael Hall at email@example.com or (425) 602-3010.
Alumni receive a 10 percent discount on rooms for meetings and retreats.
Take advantage of alumni discounts to expand your knowledge and skills with a 10 percent discount on select Continuing Education courses.
Receive a 20 percent discount on one Simkin Center course per year and gain knowledge and skills to benefit your childbearing and very young clients. Add specialty credentials such as Lactation Educator, Birth and/or Postpartum Doula, and Childbirth Educator.
Stock up on Bastyr swag, the latest natural medicine texts, and more with a 10 percent discount for alumni. Shop in-store and online.